There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.
Monthly Archives: August 2009
Yea! the acme nut fit! I turned a knob for the screw from 2” steel rod and brazed it on. While that cooled down, I drilled 3/4” holes in the chop (vise face) and bench leg, did a test run. … Continue reading
Just realized I can use my bench as a long shooting board, how simple is that? I don’t have a power jointer (ignore that blue POS blob), keep forgetting I have a jointer fence (how lame is that?) and can’t … Continue reading
Boy, it has been hard to get anything “real” done; I decided to take advantage of the tax incentives and replace my 40 year old furnace and air conditioner. All fine and dandy (other than sticker shock) but the old … Continue reading
Cut the mortises by hogging out most of the waste with a forstner bit, followed by a 1/2” pattern bit in a router. Couldn’t get deep enough, so chopped the rest of the way to the center of the earth … Continue reading
Yeah, this might just work. Cut the leg tenons, did a test assembly to take it out for a test drive and also to see where I want to put the legs. Placement is a bit constrained on the right … Continue reading
This bench is going to have “traditional” feet, I like the look. Duct tape was used to establish the arc, I picked an arbitrary lip (1/4”). I roughed it out on the bandsaw and cleaned it up with rasps, files … Continue reading