There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.
Monthly Archives: June 2010
Finished painting. The frame was painted gloss black and then the nose was re-polished to remove the passivation discoloration (left by the phosphoric acid wash). A lacquer clear coat was added to (hopefully) keep the nose from rusting. If you … Continue reading
I spent waaaay too much time cleaning up the crank, fortunately, I found a rat tail needle file shaped something like a Sheppard’s crook in my pile-O-files that allowed me to work the edge (by the tape) and other non-flat … Continue reading
Others have pointed out that the loose fit of handle ferrule can cause the handle to split (see two posts ago) so I wanted to fix that. Here is the explode-O-gram of the parts in question (plus my fix, the … Continue reading
No. Not even. But the more I looked at it, the more it bugged me. And, unfortunately, I could do something about it. So I did.The bores were drilled quite a bit off center, not that you would ever notice … Continue reading